Cabo de Santo Agostinho

Cabo de Santo Agostinho

Cabo de Santo Agostinho (Cape of Saint Augustine) is 35 km south of the city of Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil. Although the official Portuguese discovery of Brazil was by Pedro Álvares Cabral on April 21, 1500, some historians believe that Vicente Yáñez Pinzón already had set anchor in a bay in Cabo de Santo Agostinho on January 26, 1500, which he named Cabo de Santa María de la Consolación.[1] It was incorporated as a town in 1811.

See also